October is National Window Covering Safety Month.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission calls corded window coverings one of the top five hidden hazards in American homes. The Blinds Man has selected premium window fashions brands to bring you products that are safe for you, your family and your pets.
CPSC Acting Chairman, Ann Marie Buerkle has said “CPSC is pleased to join with the window covering industry as well as safety advocates in reminding parents and caregivers to use only cordless window coverings or those with inaccessible cords in homes with young children. Cordless window coverings are widely available for sale today and we encourage parents and caregivers to look at the shades and blinds in their homes for accessible cords on the front, side and back, and replace corded products with cordless window coverings products.”
When shopping for window coverings and fashions, look for the Best for Kids™ certification label to easily identify window covering products best suited for homes with young children.
- Install only cordless window coverings in bedrooms and areas for young children.
- Position cribs, beds, playpens and other furniture away from windows.
- Ensure tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
- Replace blinds, shades, and drapes manufactured before 2001 with products that meet updated safety standards.
- If replacement not possible, repair window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with retrofit cord kits.
The Blinds Man is here to help you with all your window needs. If you have questions about window covering safety, stop by 468 Southland Drive Lexington, Kentucky or give us a call (859) 260-1551.
Hunter Douglas Cordless Operating Systems
- LITERISE® – Use your fingers to raise or lower the product. The LiteRise system eliminates the need to have an operating cord, while also offering a more streamlined appearance.
- SIMPLELIFT™ – Raise and lower with the contoured bottom rail–no handle or cords required for this cordless operating system.
- POWERVIEW® MOTORIZATION – Provides effortless, cordless operation. With the PowerView App, you can program your shades to reposition on a schedule that you set. Integrates seamlessly with many other smart home automation systems.
- VERTIGLIDE™ – Ideal for side-to-side openings, sliding glass doors or as a room divider. No dangling operating cords, chains or wands make the Vertiglide system a natural choice for enhanced safety.
- WAND CONTROL – Vertically-oriented window fashions, a single, sleek wand controls all functions and replaces potentially hazardous operating cords.
- CUSTOM SHUTTERS – All Hunter Douglas shutters are cordless by design, eliminating potential safety hazards posed by operating cords. Custom shutters are especially well suited to homes with young children.
Graber Window Treatment Safety Features
- CORDLESS CLEATS – Option available with all window coverings that have lift cords. Cords are anchored to wall, out of reach of children and pets.
- CONTROL WAND – Eliminates the need for cords and chains to traverse vertical blinds.
- CORDLESS LIFT SYSTEM – Lift cords are eliminated for increased safety and a streamlined appearance.
- CORDLESS BOTTOM UP/TOP DOWN – Combines two popular options into one-shade lowers from top or raises from bottom without exterior cords.
- CONTINUOUS LOOP LIFT SYSTEM – Cords are kept at a constant length and held taut by a safety hold-down device.
- MOTORIZED LIFT OR TILT – Mortorized window treatments feature cordless and are operated remotely with the touch of a button.
- SINGLE RETRACTABLE CORD – Patented Smart Pull operating system lowers the shade smoothly with a single tug of the cord and raises it up with a few short pulls.
Let us help you with all your window needs! Give us a call today – (859) 260-1551!